Name your favorite:

PP Mguire

Build Guru
This thread really has no point but for convo and to get this sub-forum a bit more love.

Name your favorite video card and why. Can be any card and you can add a pic if you like.

Mine would have to be the eVGA GTX280. I have had many cards but this one just felt, badass. The full plastic outside, my first backplate card, and when using it it just felt completely solid all around.

Pic of my setup when I had 2. I eventually had 3 but only got to use all 3 in Tri-SLI once before getting rid of 2 for a phase system.

DSCN0919.jpg

Feel free to post your favorite hardware too if you like.

For mods, I posted here because lower posting people can't post in OT.

My favorite was the Nvidia GeForce 6200. At the time, non of my pcs had pci-e slots so the 6200 was the best I could get. That was the best card ever. The computer I put that video card in is still usable even today for internet browsing and high quality (but NOT hd) video streaming.

Sometimes I miss my old GeForce4 MX440 AGP from my first build. For the time it was a fairly okay budget card and still let me play games at the time with reasonable framerates. And only cost me about 30 or 40 bucks.

But I did really like my 5770, it was such a huge upgrade for me when I got it and it was the first card I used to get a triple monitor setup (which apparently I can't function without a minimum of 3 monitors anymore, even dual monitors is too constrictive at work). I haven't had my 660 long enough to see if it's my favorite, but so far it's been pretty good (not to mention awesome allowing me to plug in my TV as a fourth monitor mwahaha).

Voodoo3 3500.

It was my first discrete graphics card, and your first always holds a special place in your heart.
Not sure what happened to it, probably carelessly chucked it when I finally upgraded it. Still have the "purple snake" tv cable for it laying around though.

Voodoo3 3500.

It was my first discrete graphics card, and your first always holds a special place in your heart.
Not sure what happened to it, probably carelessly chucked it when I finally upgraded it. Still have the "purple snake" tv cable for it laying around though.
The V3 2000 was also my first discrete AGP card. I had a hard time deciding between the 280 or my V5 5500.

Voodoo 5 6000 because it's the only card I know of with 4 GPUs on a single PCB and because I have one in my storage closet collecting dust in a K6-2 500 rig that's overclocked (my first overclocking attempt ever and it required a volt mod).
One of these days I'll get around to posting pics of it and seeing how far I can push that old thing but the Voodoo series of cards is by far my favorite with Voodoo 5 6000 at the top shining like a beautiful star.

It's a fabled card of yesteryear that only the most enthusiast hardware junkies even know about.

Voodoo 5 6000 because it's the only card I know of with 4 GPUs on a single PCB and because I have one in my storage closet collecting dust in a K6-2 500 rig that's overclocked (my first overclocking attempt ever and it required a volt mod).
One of these days I'll get around to posting pics of it and seeing how far I can push that old thing but the Voodoo series of cards is by far my favorite with Voodoo 5 6000 at the top shining like a beautiful star.

It's a fabled card of yesteryear that only the most enthusiast hardware junkies even know about.

Actually it's an extremely rare card that anybody that has come into the PC world before 2006 knows about. Or rather, they should. Lets see it.

Probably the 6600GT, buying any other card at that time would have been madness.

This reminds me... My friend had TWO 7950 GX2's in their packaging... never to be used. I'm assuming he's thrown them away by now.

My favorite card has to be my old GTX 285. It looked awesome and was fairly powerful.

Back
Top Bottom