Display Problem...All of a sudden...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if it cannot handle 85Hz, I cannot say it is a high quality item. As a matter of fact... it is FAR from it! Most monitors are utilized to the fullest when set at 85Hz, but the higher the resolution the higher refresh rate is needed. What exactly are you looking to do anyhow? Decrease your resolution?

spartanM19SSM said:
im not into any hardcore gaming...yet ;-)

Uh, you lost me... :O. Anyway, yes I would suggest you get a new monitor if you have the money. If yours cannot handle the refresh rate of 85Hz then I would say it is about time to upgrade that honkey tonk!

http://www.newegg.com/app/searchPro...=and&order=PRICE&description=CRT&InnerCata=19

They aren't expensive, and quite honestly I wouldn't feel safe using your monitor! Who knows, at the rate yours is declining, the cathrode tube will implode, sending shards of glass in a 360 degree angle! ;)

the cathrode tube will implode, sending shards of glass in a 360 degree angle!
lol funny statement, how does something implode and send out objects though :confused: :p

dude... my monitor isnt that old or a piece of crap... its a Dell Triniton and i did a google search and it is supposed to be able to reach 85hz...
Why wouldnt it work...
-Z

I figured it out....
I went into my graphics card settings and changed the refresh rate and it doesnt ring or start smoking.... YEAY :laughing:

My computer is a nice LCD 17" flat screen and it can only handle 75Hz, but eh, that's fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom