Graphics Card help!

webster247

Solid State Member
I have just rebuilt my computer. I originally built this computer. And this is my third rebuild on it. I rebuilt it to put in a new PCU and Graphics card.

Here are the specs:

• MB: Asus P7P55LX
  • Processor: Intel Pentium G6950, 2.80GHZ, 3MB Cache, LGA 1156, 73watt
  • Ram: Komputer Bay 4gb pc3-10600 DDR3 1333mhz (16gb total)
  • Processor Cooler: Cooler Master v8
  • PCU: OCZ ModxStream PRO 500w
  • Graphics: (have two to choose from {either or, not both} His iceq 1gb or BFG tech geforce GTX280 1gb

• Cooling: (8) Turbo cool brush less fans.
  • HDD:
  • Main- WD Caviar 160gb (IDE) (WD1600)
  • Storage- Seagate U series 9 160gb (IDE)
  • Storage- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB (sata)
  • Case: Aspire X-Super alien ATXA6sw

I have tried to switch out the graphics card but still no luck.. Their is NO on bored graphics.. so that is not an option. I have removed everything from the case and installed it back in and still not anything.. it turns on. all the fans and LED lights come on including the Cooler master V8. And i have checked all the wires. everything is in working order. I have even tried a different monitor. ALL the HDD power on. ANY help would be great!!

You didn't say what the problem is though. Also HIS 1GB what?

First things first I can already tell you that PSU isn't powerful enough to run the 280. Depending on what the HIS card is, it probably isn't powerful enough for that either.

Secondly, if the computer isn't booting you need to remove ALL of the HDDs. Then, take out all but 1 stick of RAM and try that stick in each slot. If it doesn't boot do the same with each stick individually. If it still doesn't boot try using the stock fan instead of the V8.

HIS HD 4670 IceQ Native HDMI 1GB (128bit) DDR3 AGP
HIS HD 4670 IceQ Native HDMI 1GB (128bit) DDR3 AGP < AGP Edition < Desktop Graphics < Products | HIS Graphic Cards
And Also, The computer does boot, everything turns on sounds normal. Just no video, And i had a 300watt powering the His graphics card. i have not tried the new graphics card yet, so thank you for that info... I will get a bigger PSU.. Any ideas (Cheap would be good) anything under $150(US)
I have tried removing all the hdd and Ram. Still not working..

I guess i will try the stock fan,

EDIT:
I tired the stock fan, but still nothing...

Last edited:
I believe that is your problem and I hope you didn't damage the motherboard. The HIS card is an AGP card. The motherboard only has a PCI-E slot. If you tried putting this AGP card in the PCI-E slot forcing it to fit then you may have damaged the slot and will need a new motherboard.

You will need to use the 280 to see if that PCI-E slot is still functional.

This will power your system quite nicely.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

Edit: Just in case you may not understand what I mean, the top dark blue slot on your motherboard is a PCI-E slot.

This is an AGP slot that is required to run that HIS card.

AGP-slot.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom