Looking to Improve Civilization

I looked at the video card you suggested. It says PCI express 3.0. Will that fit into my computer which says its 2.0. Also, what is the power supply thing. Does that take strain off the CPU, (im assuming the CPU is what powers the video card, correct me if im wrong). Also, the power supply looks like it has all kinds of wires and stuff. Is that something that you have to get soldered in or are those just plugs.

If you get a monitor with a higher resolutioin than the maximum setting in the game, will it enhance performance or will it just stop at the max setting.

I looked at the video card you suggested. It says PCI express 3.0. Will that fit into my computer which says its 2.0. Also, what is the power supply thing. Does that take strain off the CPU, (im assuming the CPU is what powers the video card, correct me if im wrong). Also, the power supply looks like it has all kinds of wires and stuff. Is that something that you have to get soldered in or are those just plugs.
PCI-E is all backwards compatible. If you have a 16x slot (which you should) it'll work.
Power supply feeds the power (electricity) to your parts to make them work. The cables plug in. You need a minimum of 400w to power your system and that particular GPU. Unfortunately, that 400w is the best you can buy and the 7750 is the best card you can get for the setup. It isn't the best, but it is way better than what you currently have.

What is pagefile. Is that something I should look into or is that just how the RAM works.
Pagefile is a "file" that Windows uses when your RAM gets loaded it puts unused items from RAM into the pagefile which is saved on your HDD. Nothing you should worry about as it's automatic.

If you get a monitor with a higher resolutioin than the maximum setting in the game, will it enhance performance or will it just stop at the max setting.
In newer games the maximum setting is always the maximum your monitor will go. The higher the res the lower performance is because a higher resolution taxes your GPU more. It just looks better.

Also, use the edit button so you aren't multi-posting. Mods frown on that.

One more question and youve been a lot of help, thanks. What do you think is the most resolution that video card can handle.

Back
Top Bottom