the problem of HT in win Xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROKENWINGS

Solid State Member
whenever i install an intel CPU with 800Mhz FSB & Hyper Threading Tchnology ... its natural that in the device manager window i'll get 2 CPUs ...
but when i run many programs 2 try the PC & i look at the CPU usage ...one of the CPUs usage is 100% & whatever program i run ..the other CPU usage stay on 0% ...
i tried many things & whenever sell a PC with the same specifications i try with it ....
so can any1 help me or describe how can i make the both CPUs that i see work ..??

wait, you see 2 cpus in a hyperthreaded system? I have 2 such machines, and both show only a single chip... Are you sure you have that installed properly and not setup for Multi-Processors?

When XP is loaded and the HAL is selected that will determine if you can see the 2 processors or not in a hyperthreaded system. At one time I could see two and then I reloaded xp and now only see one cpu in the task manager. I was not paying attention at the time.:D
Perhaps this will help; Intel Information

thanx 4 ur replies
my problem is not that i c 2 CPUs ...cos i know that it is natural in HT...but if u have the CPU & udun c 2 CPUs so go & check the BIOS ...u must enable the HT
the problem is how 2 make them both work...

Reinstall 4 what ????
if u r talkin about the winXP ... ..i dun think so cos it is not the first time that i install it on such PCs ... i am thinking in this since that intel released the HT ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom