Wierd Computer Problem

Monkey D. Luffy

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, I have an error that I can't seem to figure out the solution.
The youtube video below shows the error, there is some wierd graphic delay whenever I drag browsers or folders.
Problem with Computer - YouTube

Things i've tried so far to try to fix this problem.

*I have replaced my GPU that was overclocked with a brand new 6850
*I have reseated and reapplied Artic Silver for CPU
* I have placed the ram sticks in Slot 1 & Slot 3 instead of Slot 2 & Slot 4

Computer Specs:
CPU: AMD Fx-4100 @ 4.4 Ghz
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme3
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP (Not Overclocked)
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 250gb 7200 SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
PSU: 500w Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus RS500-PCARD3-US ATX12v v2.3
Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

The three links below show things I have done to my computer.

Overclocking FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core - Overclockers Forums - CPU Overclock
Power strip - Overclockers Forums - Electric Fail
Radeon HD 6850 1gb - Overclockers Forums - GPU Overclock

I don't think it's a driver problem, it happens when I reformat my computer
It happened before I reformatted and my drivers were like half a year - 1 year old.
and it trails like that, (Kinda like lag)

It seems indicative of a refresh problem.

It never hurts to reinstall your drivers. Sometimes with a new GPU you can get issues like this. I've been surprised by doing this before.

Also try this.
Open your ATI settings > Displays > Config > set EDID to manual and your max resolution to whatever your monitor supports. Set your refresh rate to something else higher then it is currently and apply.

Just a side note, How are your CPU and GPU temps?

Last edited:
Ati only allows me to get 60 Hz (max for monitor)
and i'm using 1920x1080 resolution which is also max

As for setting EDID to manual, i'm looking through the AMD VISION Engine Control Center and I can't find anything with EDID

Okay doing EDID didn't do anything either.
Another input is this seems to be a problem with Windows Shadow because if I disable "Show Shadows Under Windows" then this problem no longer happens.

What can you interpret from that?

Edit : Seems "Show Shadows Under Windows" isn't the cause of the problem, It is confirmed that whenever AERO is on (even with shadows) the problem is gone, but if AERO is off the problem occurs

What do you guys make of this?

Last edited:
Your guess is as good as mine. As long as you found a workable solution, I'd say stick with it. Maybe someone can be more of a help with whatever aero is.

Back
Top Bottom