New Build Help

skatrrklamp

Solid State Member
Hello all, new to the forums hoping I can find some help here. I'm trying to upgrade my computer (which basically is new since I bought everything to replace the old stuff) anyway, I'm able to get to the POST screen and adjust my bios the problem is when I try to install windows 7 it keeps telling me I need the drivers for my cd/dvd player. I have the installation disk for it but still can't find them.

The installation disk I have for windows is a iso image which is completely legal I got it using my MSDN accoutn, but on previous builds that didn't seem to matter. I also have 6 sata on the motherboard and 1 e-sata port

I'm pretty new to using sata hardware so I'm not sure if I need to have the hardware plugged in to a certain port or if it matters since I'm using only 1 hard drvie. Anyway here is what I'm working with:

-Asus Crosshair V Formula MB
-AMD fx 8160 8 core CPU
-GeForce 660ti 2gb VGA card
-8gb ram samsung 1600
-Asus dvd rw

Thanks for any help you can give me:)

Last edited:
I have it on disc, and I've tried copying the files to an external hard drive but I couldn't get the files to copy, I kept running into read/write errors. I have an windows xp disk so I'm going to see if I can get it running with that first, get all my drivers and updates then try again. thanks for the help

I got it working :) thanks for all the help. The problem I had was my iso image was on my old machine and I accidentally deleted and it was my bosses MSDN account so I'd have to wait till monday to re-do it, my brother had a new copy too so he let me have his until I can re-burn mine. I appreciate the quick responses.

Back
Top Bottom