Video card compatible with motherboard

Alright, thanks a lot for your help. I actually have the 450watts, but just found out that the PSU doesnt have the sata connectors, is for the older one. But thanks for all your help

The first picture is the one i have. Its the PSU for the older cd drives. It doesnt have the right wires to connect to my cd drive. The second one is the one your showed me the does connect to my cd drive.

Attachments

• Old PSU.jpg
    Old PSU.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 0
  • PSU sata port.jpg
    PSU sata port.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 0
ok, i think for you to understand, i have to tell you everything. Originally, i wanted to expand my options for video cards. To do this, i bought a computer case that already came with 450watts. The first problem is that to power unit cords dont have the cords for sata, its different. The second problem is that im a little scared to do the swap by myself because i dont want to mess anything up. my uncle has been really busy so i have to wait. So i was thinking of just using the PSU in my inspiron.
This time i have the actual pictures of my PSU, and my case that came with it. Sorry for making it soo confusing.

Attachments

• Photo10061721.jpg
    Photo10061721.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo10061722.jpg
    Photo10061722.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo10061723.jpg
    Photo10061723.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo10061723_1.jpg
    Photo10061723_1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Photo10061725.jpg
    Photo10061725.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1
2 things. When you first made your post if you would have simply said you bought a new case and PSU it would have made things a lot easier.
Next, since you did this you can now use standard sized cards and PSUs which is why I said the first thing.

Now on to what you bought. That PSU is junk. I wouldn't put any system under that thing. Kind of the reason why in 2012 you get no SATA connectors on it. But, you can buy molex to sata adapters from Newegg to power your things. The video card will come with an adapter for it too if it needs a 6pin PCI-E power connector.

O man, im really sorry about that. I have like 3 threads going on about different subjects. I got confused and thought i put that already in it. but about my PSU, i kind of figured it wasnt good, i mainly bought it for the computer case. The side is see through, and it has an extra fan. I should probably just buy a modern day PSU and put an end to the hassell.
As for the video card, like i use to have a wii, but it broke, so i wanted to play my games through an emulator. Do u know any video cards that would work good for it. thanks. O and the emulator is legal as long as i use my own games. ( Just trying to respect this site's policies.)

My temp card is a 5850 and none of the Wii games lag at all 60fps solid. I'd say you could easily get away with having a GTX 650 which is relatively cheap.

Back
Top Bottom