Upgrades Some Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
I'm thinking of doing some upgrades. I need some help and some questions answered.

1. I would like to buy a DFI LanParty NFII-B for my DAD's Athlon XP 3000+. He uses an ASUS A7V8X-X and how much of a performance difference would he notice by switching boards since the that board is the flagship?

2. The Athlon XP he has is the one that runs at 2167 on 166. It is fully unlocked right out of the box (mfr. before week 39 of 2003). I think I will overclock this with 200 fsb and 12x multiplier to 2.4 GHz. How much of a performance gain is this?

3. He runs DDR333. If I do hit 200 fsb when ocing, will the memory hold me back? Should I OC the memory or should I buy DDR400? If DDR400, what kind (mfr., low latency, series)?

4. He runs a GeForce MX 4000 w/ 128MB. He only plays one game which is Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004. Should he upgrade the gfx card? If yes, which one?

Now, this is the second upgrading thing. My DAD needs to build a new server at home. It should be on a Xeon Nocona. He has 2GB DDR333 and 2 x U320 HDD and a U320 controller. Can somebody configure as I have not much knowledge about Xeons?

Please try to answer as many questions as possible, thanks!

1- 2 get the same or better performance ...i tried most of the main boards & the most 1 that i liked is the ABIT 4 the AMD ..
2- dun overclock it .. u dun need that 4 ur usage & u will not get so much differance ..
3- the 333 is enough 4 u ..
4- ur game dun need an upgrade 4 the VGA card ...
i wish what i said can help u .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom