Buying this laptop and want some advice on whether it is good for me or not.

Initiative

Beta member
I'm planning on buying a dell xps 15.6 inch i7 core laptop and I wanted to get some advice as to if it can play my games and if it is a good overall computer.

Games I play: Team Fortress 2, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 1 & 2, Counter-Strike Global Offensive.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :D

If you actually are buying that for 800, look on newegg/amazon for better computers for about 800. Best buy is usually a lot more expensive than other websites.

Hmmmm I did some searching and i stumbled upon this computer

lenovo IdeaPad Y580 (20994CU) Notebook Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory DDR3 1600 750GB HDD 5400rpm DVD±R/RW NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M

its for 900$. you think this is a better buy? how good would it play all of the games that i have listed?

If you don't need memory that bad, I would suggest finding something else with 500 gb HDD with 7200 rpm instead of 5400 rpm. Also, I don't know your price range so I can't really say on what you should get. I also have never bought or heard anything about lenovo, so I don't know. I have an ASUS G series ROG computer, and I know a lot of people on this site own ASUS laptops. I would look into ASUS, they sell great gaming laptops.

That laptop for 900 is a good buy and both the CPU and GPU are quite decent. As Matt said, you would probably want a faster HDD as a 5400RPM drive is quite slow.

Back
Top Bottom