Info on upgrading my pc

What country do you live in? A corsair 650 watt power supply is about $90 when I look it up on Amazon. It might be more expensive outside the US though.

Over here the card is about $450 and for some reason the PSU is about $200 o_O
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti TWF2 HDMI DisplayPort Dual-DVI 2GB - Graphics card (PCI Express) - Find the lowest price, product reviews and information
CORSAIR 650W HX-650v2 ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 Power Supply 140mm fan Modular Cables 80Plus GOLD certified 7 years Warranty

Seems a bit much, am I looking at the right things?

For some reason its saying I need to wait for a mod to approve my post, I think it might be because I had links. Lets see if that was correct
EDIT: Ok it was, so I found the gpu for about 450 and the PSU was like 200 for some reason... not sure why. I noticed in another post you suggested the 560 ti or 650 to someone. Would either of those be any good?
You want the TX, not the HX. It is cheaper.
A 650 would be cheaper and work, but a downgrade in performance compared to a 660. According to that site you can get one for about 200.

What country do you live in? A corsair 650 watt power supply is about $90 when I look it up on Amazon. It might be more expensive outside the US though.
It says under his name he lives in New Zealand.

What kind of performance would you see with the 650 compared to the 660? Also what is the difference between the 660 and 660ti? I can get the 650 for $230, the 660 for $373 and the 660ti for $450.
Oh and how is the CORSAIR CMPSU-600CXV2 600W ATX POWER SUPPLY,80 PLUS, 120MM FAN for the PSU?
Lots of questions :p

That PSU is junk. The GS/CSX/BS are all a different OEM than the TX/HX/AX lines.
The difference is just performance, the lower you go the lower the performance. The 660ti is comparible to say a 580/570 in performance. The 650 is more like a 560ti. That's just ballpark though.

I dont suppose AMD would be any cheaper?
EDIT: So I have been looking around and I have seen some videos of people running crysis 2 on ultra graphics with the GTX 650. From what I have heard crysis 2 is one of the most demanding games, so doesn't that mean it will run pretty much anything fine? Idk it might be more complicated than that xD

Last edited:
Crysis 2 isn't very demanding at all. I could play it maxed on a GTX 465 with DX11 Patch and high res textures. Skyrim with all texture mods and BF3 are pretty much the most demanding right now, and Max Payne 3. I never said a 650 wouldn't be any good though. I was merely saying a 660 would be better.

Oh, I misunderstood then. Ive been looking around a bit more and the hd 7770 is very cheap and seems not to bad. I'm pretty sure it isnt as good as the gtx 650 but is it any good or not worth it?

I'm not looking for a whole lot. Not sure if you are familiar with blacklight retribution, but my current setup runs at about 30fps or less with the lowest settings. Thats what made me look into getting a new one, because If I want to then buy some other games I want to be able to run them :p

Back
Top Bottom