Motherboard fitting case I bought

kidmo87

In Runtime
Hey guys, im in a dilemma. I just bought a computer case that comes with 450 watts power, which is need for my video card (my current power supply isnt enough to add a good video card) So after i bought it, i realized that the power supply that comes with the case doesnt have ports for sata cd drive. Its before sata, like those from the original ddr motherboards. Now the other cord that plugs in motherboard is a four pin plug in. My motherboard also has four pins, and i have an old ddr motherboard, and both ddr and ddr2 have four pins that connects power supply to it. Now the only thing that the power supply need is to fit sata cd drive. Their is a converter cord that i saw in ebay. Well im just worried if i do this, will it mess up my motherboard becuause of the 4 pin thing. The four pins are like the power connector to the motherboard. Sorry ive been trying to find a picture but cant.

Attachments

• Four pins.jpg
    Four pins.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 8
Usually just extra power when overclocking. Sometimes it goes to the CPU for extra 12v for stability, or the PCI-E slots for the same reason.

Back
Top Bottom