different power options

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
Has any one on TF ever used a redundant power supply or two power supplys in one tower? I was looking around and could not find any full tower cases that are designed for two power supplys.

I am wondering what the best way to go about this is, two power supplys in one case, or a redundant power supply. Is there a reputable brand for redundant psu's. And exactly how do they work?

I havent heard anything at all on TF about dual or redundant psu's.

One, I don't know of any cases (outside of server mounts) that have space for more than one (1) PSU.

Two, most people just us a battery backup for power problems.

Three, if you buy a good PSU, it will fail gracefully and you just replace it (takes 5 minutes).

Four, for the price you'd pay for 2 PSU's, you could buy 1 good one that you won't have to worry about.

I was thinking about two psu for the purpose of having one for just the fans and fan controler, like an old 250w i have sitting around, then using my current 400w for everything else.

Nah. Not worth it, not practical.

The amount of power your fans are consuming is minimal at best. The better idea is to just get a bigger PSU. If you're really paranoid about it, you can put all your hardware on one power string, and your fans on the other. It's just not really worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom