Computer Won't See GreenDrive 500GB External HardDrive

definetheartist

Beta member
Hey guys! Need your help please. My girlfriend just gave me a 500GB GreenDrive External Hard Drive made by Fanton Drives. She got it for a gift and didn't really have a need for it, but hooked it up to her computer and it has worked fine and she hasn't had any problems with it. I get it and hook it up and my computer won't see it AT ALL! I've tried everything. For hours now. That's how I happened to find out about this site. I've tried restarting my computer, re-powering the ext. hd., plugging the power supply into different outlets, plugging the ext. hd. into different usb ports on my cpu, I've tried disk management, creating a disk, everything. I can't find anything online or through Fanton's website. Nothing through Google. Finally I found Tech Forums so I'm counting on you guys. I'm wondering if the damn thing got dropped or something. It doesn't take any drivers because I'm running Windows XP SP2 so I'm completely clueless. Please Help! Thanks! Peace!

Try this first, if your hdd is a sata model, hook it up too sata port 1.
Turn on your machine and go into the bios, look at the hardware display screen.
If it shows up, it might say primary master or secondary master, thats a good start for now.

Read this first about sata and windows xp, that should tell you why it may not be coming on.
Installing Windows XP on a SATA hard drive

Back
Top Bottom