video card problem (session 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap that's **cked up. I haven't seen that since my geforce3 was first installed on my old machine years and years ago, when the geforce cards were having that conflict with the VIA chipsets. But that got fixed with a driver issue.

Personally, I'd be a little surprised if this was being caused by an overheating issue, as your screen isn't really screwed up as much as it seems the refresh and sync are off (possibly drivers for card and VGA, or BIOS and mobo). I would more suspect an overheating issue if the card was either being grossly overclocked, or your screen was all messed up (not just repeating).

I agree about the card being toast. I have not seen session 1, and am unaware if you have tried another card, but I suggest you try another card before purchasing a new one. I thought my card fried about 6 months back, and sent it back to VisionTek, about 4 weeks later I got a new one to find out it was dealing with the same exact problems. Turned out that my APG slot was busted.

Thats why, I say again, try it in SAFE MODE! That should rule out faulty drivers since it uses generic vga drivers.

i've tried in Safe mode, and my monitor run only on 680x420 resolution, seems the win run normal. sucks!
If i unplug the card from the slot and use my intel 81x graphic chipset, the monitor seems so friendly and nice. I can use all the resolutions setting, and use every color quality setting. But i can't when plug my Godamn Geforce2. I'm not sure if my card toasted, becoz i never overclock it, and when i see carefully, i didn't see anything toasted and i didn't smell anything burned. I'm not sure if the driver is the problem, becoz although i've install the latest driver, the problem not gone away. I'm not sure if my **ck win98 or my AGP slots are the problem too. Is format HDD would solve this sucks problem?

Uhhhh.... wow! What? :O All I got out of that is that you didn't smell something "toasting", but that means nothing. Other than that, all I can say is borrow a video card from someone, or bring your computer to someones house and have them put their card in and see if it works. If it works, its your card, if it doesn't it is your AGP slot (or both.. ouch).

Nubius said:
It seems like your card might be fried man....that's generally what it looks like once a card has gone bad or overheated or just plain died from outta nowhere....my desktop you couldn't even tell what it was when my last card died...you didn't let the 'Windows Update' do the drivers for your card did you? You need to just go to www.nvidia.com and download their latest drivers to ensure stability because I downloaded so called 'updated' drivers from windows update for my card before and it made my screen look like that. Generally windows updates are bad when it comes to drivers, just use it for security updates... If you did get your drivers from Nvidia, then like I said it seems like the card is dead/dying

Agreed that is what I thought. If it's fried you have no choice but to a new one.

I knew one idiot noob who tinkered with a brand new 9800 pro bios and screwed it up. You didn't do that right? I don't think you did because you would have indicated it.

if i have to get the new one, what the best agp 2x video card for below 50 bucks price? I have to save my money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom