Copying Data from one drive partion to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyman88

Solid State Member
Hi,
Is it possible to copy some of my drive C data (NTFS) to my drive D (NTFS) from dos or using my emergency recovery CD. I only wan't to copy about 10GB. thx . I need to do this before reformatting my C drive and reintalling windows coz ive got alot of data and code i don't wanna lose thx.

Also I can't repair reinstall windows. When i try repair install it replaces all the files in the windows folder. Then it restarts my computer and just starts all over again from the beginning. Can anyone help me plz thx.

If your computer isn't booting up and you need data off your main drive (c) then you can install windows into a different folder on your c drive, this way you will be able to boot up and move your data where you choose (off your c drive onto your d). Then your going to want to do another reinstall and this time completely format your c drive NTFS. This won't touch your d drive, the only thing wrong with this method is its time consuming but it will work if you can't find another way.

Thx for ur help ive managed to fix the problem now :) by using Acrnois Disk Director Suite 9.0. It loads from dos and i managed to make another partition to store the data on and copy it across :). My computer is now fixed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom