Freezing on windows 7 logo.

5th st hooligan

Beta member
So my computer has been acting up lately upon start up. Random rpm spikes from the fans and sounding like its working hard. Before powering down to clean out the dust, there was some update that occurred on the shutdown screen. I took out the video card to clean off excess dust and then reinstalled it. Booted the computer up and it would freeze on the windows start up logo screen. I manually turned off the computer and turned it back on only to be brought to a windows error recovery screen giving me two options. One is to start up regularly (which just freezes on the logo screen again) and the other option to run some start up tests. When I choose that option, it'll start to load up before the monitor just shuts off and the computer sits idling. Not shut off as in losing power but just the same blank screen as if you had turned the monitor on before turning on the computer. I think my video card crapped out on me but not too sure. Here is what I'm running

ICase CoolerMaster HAF 922 Gaming Case
Processor Intel® Core™ i7 870 Processor (4x 2.93GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1156] - [Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan
Memory 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module
Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5570 - 1GB - Single Card
Motherboard MSI P55M-SD40
Motherboard USB / SATA Interface Motherboard default USB / SATA Interface
Power Supply 700 Watt -- Power Supply - SLI Ready
Primary Hard Drive 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Optical Drive 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black
Sound Card 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated since I'm kind of a noob with computers. If I do need a new video card, what would be some recommendations that would run with my system? Thank you!!

Try removing the above-board card and booting in safe mode.
If you can access your main HDD then your issue very well could be your video card.

Back
Top Bottom