Any cool suggestions for making my new system even cooler?

1st line - Overclocking a K chip is as simple as upping the multiplier and upping the voltage to stabilize.

2nd line - Like I said, every bodies board and chip is different so it doesn't work like that.

3rd line - The PSU exhaust out the back. The fan sucks in from the bottom and exhaust out the back of the case. Putting the fan to suck air in was smart because heat rise and you want cool air to be sucked in and flow over your parts to the top which should be exhaust.

Edit: To be specific, the optimal fan setup is front, bottom, and side intake, back and top exhaust.

1st line - Overclocking a K chip is as simple as upping the multiplier and upping the voltage to stabilize.

2nd line - Like I said, every bodies board and chip is different so it doesn't work like that.

3rd line - The PSU exhaust out the back. The fan sucks in from the bottom and exhaust out the back of the case. Putting the fan to suck air in was smart because heat rise and you want cool air to be sucked in and flow over your parts to the top which should be exhaust.

Edit: To be specific, the optimal fan setup is front, bottom, and side intake, back and top exhaust.

My error, though the bottom was the exhause.

There is no optimum setup for any set processor they are all different. Someones might safely overclock to 5.0 Ghz with the same exact setup as yours and yours might only go to 4.6 Ghz. I mean basic overclocking is increasing your multiplier one at a time until it doesn't post then go back one, run a stress test, if all is well, your done.

I think this will be a great guide for you.

Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*

Thanks for the ASRock Forum with the Complete Overclocking Guide. I will check it out.

PPM,

I am so glad you are here! I thought for sure PSU's exhausted out the back [I remember placing my hand over the exhaust and feeling hot air come out the back]. I was gonna check each of the last few builds and see if indeed the hot air was flowing out the bottom, then replace the bottom fans to push rather than suck! You just saved me a lot of time and frustration!

My error, though the bottom was the exhause.

Torey316,

Please be more sure of what you're talking about before giving such misleading advice!

Thank you,

Soar

Last edited:
Thanks for the ASRock Forum with the Complete Overclocking Guide. I will check it out.

PPM,

I am so glad you are here! I thought for sure PSU's exhausted out the back [I remember placing my hand over the exhaust and feeling hot air come out the back]. I was gonna check each of the last few builds and see if indeed the hot air was flowing out the bottom, then replace the bottom fans to push rather than suck! You just saved me a lot of time and frustration!

Torey316,

You are so full of hot air! Please be more sure of what you're talking about before giving such misleading advice!

Thank you,

Soar
Ouch a bit harsh. Some people make mistakes. I know I make many but I proof read and usually correct before or immediately after post.

Back
Top Bottom