bsod problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1ng

Beta member
hello peeps i wonder if anyone can helpme..i recently built my own pc and it was my 1st attempt at doing so,the specs are
3 ghz p4 with ht
256 ati radeon 9800xt
80 gig sata hard drive
512 ddrram
windows xp sp1
however when ever i play a game on it somehting like doom 3 or half life 2,my comuter crashes or resets itself or goes to this blus screen some thimes the blue screen has a messeage about page fauluts in non paged areas or ircq less than or greater than,and other times its just a blue screen with no message and some times it just reboots.i have no idea why ive updated all dfrivers.and sometimes it will run during a game for an hour or so and other times it will crash after 5 mins,it also sometimes does it during dvd play b ack please help i hope ive given enough information thanks any help greatly appreciatied

Sounds like a memory issue to me, which usually always results in blue screens. Get a program like Memtest86 to test your RAM. If its okay, my next suggestion would be a PSU issue.

Make sure you get MemTest86+ because there is actuall two different programs (made by same people but different versions) , one is memtest86, the other is memtest86+ so make sure you get the + this is the best way to absolutely make sure it's your RAM which it really does sound like it is.

Have you checked your temperatures at full load to make sure it's not overheating or something of that nature?

ok im going to try this memory test now ive checked my heat sink and fan and they are on ok.how do i check teperatures when its fully loaded

memory seems fine but ive read some stuff about ati cards and via 4 in 1 drivers,ive checked my agp setting s on my card and its set to 0x and it wont go on 8x like it sould so,starting to get annoyed now wish id just gone to the store and bought a pre built system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom