GeForce GTX 560 Ti: color glitches, slow loading

MSWarson

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I have a sudden issue where I notice color glitches on my screen, where Windows Aero settings are turned into Windows Basic settings, slower window opening loading times and small graphic glitches.

The color glitches are very noticeable on a grey website background, instead of being grey it's more greenish and a bit pixelated/showing lines. Also when going into My Computer and enlarging a map or driver station, the icon edges are pixelated.

The Windows areao issue is where my taskbar used to be semi-transparant black and now it's bright blue, where in the config screen I can only adjust the settings with Windows Basic settings. I did not adjust this myself, it auto turned like this from one evening to the next morning on a reboot.

The small graphic glitches occurs when for example opening a new window (eg. documents, my pictures, ...) one of the edges loads slower or is not properly loaded. When moving my mouse cursor over such glitches it fixes itself. It also occured to me that when browsing images on the net or facebook, the first one I open is just black, clicking next shows the next picture correctly. Going back then to see the first picture does show it correctly and not black anymore. Wut...?!

I also noticed that when alt+tabing to my background, it first shows a plain color and then 1 sec later only my background image. Again a seemingly delay.

When playing games like TF2, Sins of Solar Empire and so on I do not immediately notice large glitches or differences.

Now I'm not that technical inspired and on itself my computer works fine, but I kind of fear a future faillure of my graphics card or power feed or motherboard or ... whatever it all is. I checked what I could and used the search on this forum, installed a tool named CPUID to check for the power voltages (as I three weeks ago had to replace my power feed since the old one broke down). But I see no alarming things in that data. I also updated to the latest and correct GeForce drivers, using a 'clean instal' option in the installer.

Intel i5-2500 CPU 3.30 GHz
8 GB memory
Windows 7 professional64bit
1x GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Gigabyte E570 power supply, 460W/570W peak

Any suggestions please?

Thank you!

Last edited:
This could be your graphics driver crashing. I have the same at times. A reboot will fix it when it happens.

But I reinstalled the drivers from scratch?!

Trotter meant for you to remove the old drivers, next you reboot.
You install new updated drivers from, nvidia.com
Drivers | GeForce
Let the install process go all the way through and do a final reboot.
That should stop it from crashing for a long time, not all manufacturer drivers will work magically.

Good luck Ms.Warson!

Back
Top Bottom