How To Be Anonimus [sp] On P2p Networks???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyledogg

Baseband Member
use winmx to download various files, and one day i asked, can admins see your i.p., and the admin, put out my i.p. in the room, and it was the correct one.

Is there any software that blocks your i.p. from p2p networks???

P.S. I've tried various proxys and none seem to block them from p2p networks, but work when visiting websites.

Just curious, why doesn't a proxy work with them? I'd think they should (dumb me...eh)...!

Whoever's setup the host server for the WinMX session you're on, may have set it up to block any proxy connections from the end user.

Any P2P program has the possibility of showing your IP to any user on the network.

This is one reason why WinMX is so much better than Kazaa and other popular P2P programs. You can setup a direct session with a "trusted" server source (or individual user) and not have to worry so much about spamming the Internet with your IP. To my knowledge, you can't get Kazaa to connect to a private server.

(Side note: WinMX is NOT made by Microsoft.)

yeah ive heard that on some proxys you use it wont let you connect.

So the bottom line is you cant mask ur i.p. from p2p networks???

Nope.

1. Your IP is how most P2P apps locate you and advertise your account to the rest of the users so they can download.

2. Anyone sufficiently knowledged could simply run a path-ping and find out where you're coming from (including your IP).

3. Any time you open a multi-threaded upload to someone over a P2P network, you are basically admitting to a presence and possible connection to the outside world. Anyone "listening" will have little problem finding your IP.

4. IP ain't everything. It's best to have a security system on your house, rather than trying to hide your address from your neighbors.

Then, of course, you get into problems with the P2P users. This is especially true on WinMX networks, as if people find you aren't sharing anything (you're just using, not contributing) they get angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom