600$ Budget Build

Torey316

Banned
Friend asked me to build him a budget gaming PC for 600 dollars or less.
He doesn't need an OS or an HDD. Anyone got any ideas, hes playing GW2 atm so needs it to be able to run that well.

Simply put, they are slower.

Long explination, for gaming AMD is slower because they have a slower cycle per clock, per core. Essentially AMD's module system is kind of like Intel's Hyper Threading technology, except they do the thread splitting at a hardware level where a single module acts as 2 cores. Because of this single threaded apps run slower on AMD FX processors, but IPC is also slower so raw Ghz doesn't make up for the speed. In other words, there is no need for more than 4 cores for gaming when theoretically the max a game can use today is 4 as it is. Most only use 2.
Considering this is an Ivy Bridge processor it makes it that much faster than the AMD FX line for gaming.

Simply put, they are slower.

Long explination, for gaming AMD is slower because they have a slower cycle per clock, per core. Essentially AMD's module system is kind of like Intel's Hyper Threading technology, except they do the thread splitting at a hardware level where a single module acts as 2 cores. Because of this single threaded apps run slower on AMD FX processors, but IPC is also slower so raw Ghz doesn't make up for the speed. In other words, there is no need for more than 4 cores for gaming when theoretically the max a game can use today is 4 as it is. Most only use 2.
Considering this is an Ivy Bridge processor it makes it that much faster than the AMD FX line for gaming.

Thanks, I set him up with this but with a different case, the one above had only one preinstalled fan found one for 50 bucks with 3 fans in it. front intake rear exaust and top exhause with upgrades for another top exhaust and if he ever wants to put in a bigger i5/i7 he could fit a rad in it for overclocking.

Back
Top Bottom