Need help choosing a laptop (quickly hopefully)

axattack

Solid State Member
Hello, I am new to this so hopefully I do this correctly. I am trying to buy a new laptop and due to budget, I am restricted to walmart. I am really wanting a 17in screen laptop. I am going to use it for everyday use plus audio editing and I might want to make videos with clips from my flip minihd. I really want the 17in but i also found the 15 at a lower price which includes i5 (the other is amd a8 4500m). The 15in also includes dedicated graphics while I assume the 17in is integrated. I do want to stick with the 17in laptop but will it be able to support what I plan to do with it? I have seen some sites that say "light video editing" but not really sure if what i am doing is considered light. I look forward to any assitance. Thank you.

Well, what is your budget? Anything that is at Walmart has integrated video. FYI, anything with an Intel Core i chip will be faster at video editing.

i really do want the 17in, though. I see different sites saying different things. some say that a8 is slightly better. some say otherwise. I really do have my heart on the 17in. Just want to make sure that it will handle the video editing if I do decide to go that route. and i was pretty sure that I saw dedicated video card on the description at the store. i havent given much thought to others since they dont say icore or a-series amds.

What are the models? I was just at Walmart myself and all of their floor models are all IGP. The A8 is an APU, so the GPU is built in to the CPU technically making it an IGP.

would the amd still do the job, like I said, i really want the a8 system for the screen size. i dont want to regret getting a smaller screen size.

Sure it'll do the job, but much slower. You can always get an external screen for size, you can't hop ship from AMD to Intel in a laptop to get increased speeds.

Here is some comparison numbers to give you an idea.

numbers.jpg

oh ok, wow thanks for your help. will have to really stop and think what to do next, go for the 15 or just wait longer. btw, where did you get those numbers. I like the way they are presented apart from the other sites i have seen. thanks again for your help!

Back
Top Bottom