LCD or CRt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheMajor said:
LCD's cannot be viewed from the side.

Not if you get a LCD that has a wide viewing angle, not all LCDs suck ya know. I look at the LCD when my fiancee is on the comp, and I'll be across the room to the side, but still show the screen like a CRT would show.

Also, my Viewsonic Pro Series 17" LCD monitor is great for Doom 3 on it's highest setting the LCD will go (1200x something) with no ghosting!!!

To save space, I would go LCD. To play games, I would go fast refresh rate LCD. My 17" has the screen area of roughly a 19" CRT while saving that space. Plus, you can either go VGA or DVI with most LCDs, and DVI means better image quality.

But, on the downside, if you are the hardest core gamer out there, stay with a CRT, but me, I'm happy playing my FPS's on my LCD that runs from a 6800, oc'd to a Ultra with 16 pipes (if that won't cause ghosting, I don't know what will).

Peace,
Matthew

Thanx alot. Im gonna get him an NEC 17" DVI LCD 1600x1200@75hz. I thin kit should go fine w/ his 6800Gt i just gave him. Does it sound good to yall?

i dont know what u guys are talking about. i use an lcd and its amazing. i play HL2 max resolutions, with 512 ram, on an LCD and no chppines.

Just for another LCD vote, I love 'em. CRT's are very hard on my eyes, even the big 19" one I have on my desktop in the other room. I love my laptop's 15" LCD, even if it is not *quite* as sharp and bright as the picture on the CRT. Maybe to some eyes sharp and bright aren't exactly good things. I would love to someday have a big 19" or larger LCD for games - save up for that!

See thats what i say to most but i would actually prefer CRT but my dad loves LCD's. But im getting him that LCD for christmas.

Lol, nothing like paying more... for less quality! What's next? 100,000 dollars for a Dodge Neon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom