Problem with Shuttle AN35N Ultra and an AMD AthlonXP 3000+!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C_olin

In Runtime
Today I just picked up a new CPU for my AN35N Ultra, here are the specs of the CPU:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+
FSB 333
2255 MHz
.13u
512k Cache
Barton

Here is some other stuff that is says but im not sure all that it means:
AMD AXP AXDA3000DKV4D

Anyways... I read the manual for my MoBo and it claims it supports the CPU and up to 400 FSB, but in my bios settings it only lets me go to 250 FSB.

I can set the FSB to 100 or 133 and it runs stable, but it reads as an AthlonXP 1325Mhz or something. If I set the FSB to anything else it won't run.

And I updated my bios. and it does the same thing

What do I do?!

that cpu should run fine on that board set at 166. that was my EXACT old board. I had a 2600+ on it and ran it dual channel w/ PC3200 XMS. i had the fsb set at 200. make sure that the settings are set to optimal and that the fsb is set at 166.

I got it working correctly for a second, and then it got messed up again so i had to reset the bios.

Whenever I set up the settings wrong the computer will start only for a brief second and thenit will turn off, whenever i set it at 166 FSB and 13x multiplyer (it said that is right for my CPU on the shuttle site) the computer will only run for a brief second and then shut off, and then i have to reset the bios

Any other thoughts? please!

Yeah, what I do is use "Load Optimal Defaults" and then make sure the FSB is 166.... but it doesnt work... her are some other questions:

Do I have to set CPU voltage to anything but AUTO?
What is FSB Spread and what should I set it to?
What is AGP Spread and what should I set it to?

Shuttle.com says that i should set:
FSB 166 & multiplyer 13x
or
FSB 200 & multiplyer 10.5x

I tried one of those (forgot which) and it worked, but I was stupid and wanted to try the other setting, and it didnt work, and now i cant get it to work with either of the settings!

as seen in my post above, ive tried what you said... 166 and 200....

What is ram timings and where in the bios is it?

ok where it says in advanced chipset features go to memory timings. set that to optimal. put system performance to optimal, the put FSB frequency to 166. Leave memory frequency at by spd.
acording to the book you should have it at 200 though.

Thanks for the suggestions... but non of it works... after i save the bios settings and the computer is restarting, the computer just turns off, and then i have to reset the cmos in order to get it running again.

Do I have to set CPU voltage to anything but AUTO?
What is FSB Spread and what should I set it to?
What is AGP Spread and what should I set it to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom