Need help picking graphics card

cemprola

Beta member
Hey, Im new to this website, and I'm wondering if i can get some opinions on a new card/power supply to get. I'm personally not a very "tech" savvy person. I just like to play sc2 and d3 a lot. This is the computer i'm looking to upgrade which is nothing special at all. Ill list the specs, (Im not sure which are relevant honestly).

Asus Essentio CM1730

• Graphics: Integrated ATI Radeon HD3000

• Chip: AMD 760G/SB710

• Expansion Slot: PCI-e x 16

• Memory: 2 GB Up to 16 GBDual Channel, DDR3 at 1333MHz
4 x DIMM

Any help or opinions on what would make these games run better would be greatly appreciated. :lol:

Do you know what processor and how much RAM the machine has?

First things first, you will need to update your PSU.
If you only have 2GB of RAM you will need to get more of that too, then probably a 64bit OS too.
You will definitely need a new GPU.

3.75 is only because the IGP is taking up a bit of RAM. When you have a dedicated card in there 4GB will be usable.

Your CPU will make do, but will need to be upgraded some time in the future.

So right now all you really need is a GPU and PSU. What is your budget?

Good to hear, right now my budget it about 150- 250. I'm not looking for anything super crazy, just something that can run these games on a better setting besides low across the board.

Yes USD. Okay so you think it is worth the extra 40 to get the other graphics card? Because when i look at them i have no clue what im reading lol

Yes, the 560ti is about 7-11FPS faster per game than the 650. Either way, each card is a phenomenal increase over the IGP. The 560ti will carry more weight from having a weaker CPU though. Probably do high settings for both games.

Okay, thank you so much for the help. Without all this info I'd be totally lost still. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom