Building New PC, CPU advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayaprayer

In Runtime
I'm building a PC for my sister and just looking for some advice on a processor and anything else. She doesn't do much on it. Just browsing the web and doing homework. I was looking at a P4 but I also seen Celerons. Would they be ok for this? I don't know much about them? Or is there an AMD? She's looking to spend about 600 bucks, and her only request is a decent size HDD.

p4 will be the best for what she does. They run cheap now. AMD is more of a gamers chip.

The Celeron chip is basically a Pentium 4 (3 or 2 depending on the technology present) with lower CPU clock speeds, lower Bus speeds, and a smaller L2 cache. Simply put, it is an economy chip. Probably more than ample enough power for your sisters needs.

ok, in this case this is what i would recommend:
amd xp 2600+ 80$
abit nf7 s v2 80$
512 corsair XMS 120$
ati 9800pro 189$
any case with a PSU 50-70$

total is about 540 you can change a few things here and there

lol i don't think she needs a 9800 but I'll keep in mind that mobo and cpu. Thanks for all the responses! :) Any good celeron mobos? Is a MSI Neo2-V 856PE compatable with a celeron?

you might even want to consider a sempron, it would be fine for what she is doing, and cheap.

U-Toast said:
ok, in this case this is what i would recommend:
amd xp 2600+ 80$
abit nf7 s v2 80$
512 corsair XMS 120$
ati 9800pro 189$
any case with a PSU 50-70$

total is about 540 you can change a few things here and there

Where would you get the 9800PRO for 189? Or is it not built by ATI?

Anyway, look at my PC. Better than your sister would need, and I built it for less than 550 (monitor and mouse and other crap not included) If you need help, Private Message me dude, I could give you some really bang for the buck parts. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom