How much power do i need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhh dude, look at my pc again. Half my componenet use 2x more wattage than urs, plus i got 4 case fans, 2 psu fans, 1 cpu fan, a controller, and the audigy 2 zs drive

Ok. But when i ran my test to solve my freezing problem during game play, it seems like I dont have enough wattage for everything in my pc.

Before any game I would play would freeze up after only 10-20 minutes of game play, i disconnected everything that I could and then tried the game again. I over two hours of constant game play with out it freezing up. At first I only tried disconnecting two sata hard drives and my cdrw, but I still had the game freezing. So it seems like I need a larger psu.

96% how long has it been living like that? Even 500 would bring it down to 76% which is acceptable, 550.. 70%. Do you plan on adding any more devices in the near future?

I was planning on adding two led fans. As of right now I dont have much room to add any more hard ware. The only thing I would add would be a sata hard drive or upgrade my video card in over a year.

So you are saying that 500 would a good amount? The web site and the number it gave me did not include the slot fan, or three hard drive fans, or the fan controller. What are acceptable percentage of useage?

upper limits 80% for generic, 90% for a good brand name. Can't remember a lower limit off hand but I don't think you'll ever have a problem with that. I'd go with the 550 since you plan on upgrading the video card, and those new video cards are using more juice then cpus.

Yeah should be enough. Dunno about the wattage of a fan, I know theres a way to figure it out, but I can't remember.

I was glancing through a lot of the psu with different watage on newegg, and most of them tend to have efficiency around 70%. Is this what you were talking about with the percentage of the max power used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom