What is the function of this component inside my Coolermaster HAF X?

Spending quality time with your child is probably one of the most important activities you can do on planet earth...esp. if he is still in the formative years!

Are you looking for a job or what's going on?

Hey, thanks again for your help!

Soar
He is 9 months old on the 15th. My fiance beat me to the job in the beginning of the summer so for this round I was stay at home dad. Currently taking online courses to get my associates in 2 things. She got fired from he full time job on friday so I'm on the hunt. Hoping I get to do the work this time.

Interesting. Now I am interested!

I was planning on hooking up an external WD Essentials for back up.

Are you saying I could hook up an internal on that hotswap and use that for the back up?

Soar
Well technically you can use anything you want for backup. It was kind of what I was implying by needing to backup large things before. Just keep in mind the basic idea with hot swapping is to be able to change drives without needing to shut off your computer. That's all it is.

I am posting a pic of how I did installed the 140 mm fan in the HAF 932. Now I intend to do it in the HAF X [Actually, I just did it after reading your post].

Thanks!

Thanks,

Soar

looks good, now just get some zip ties and pull those wires out of the way to make it look slick.

Well technically you can use anything you want for backup. It was kind of what I was implying by needing to backup large things before. Just keep in mind the basic idea with hot swapping is to be able to change drives without needing to shut off your computer. That's all it is.

^Pecisely, your advantage is the transfer speed. SATA blows away USB 2 & 3

He is 9 months old on the 15th. My fiance beat me to the job in the beginning of the summer so for this round I was stay at home dad. Currently taking online courses to get my associates in 2 things. She got fired from he full time job on friday so I'm on the hunt. Hoping I get to do the work this time.

Well, good luck on your job search and hope you find the best job in your city!

looks good, now just get some zip ties and pull those wires out of the way to make it look slick.

Thanks Jason! That was my old computer and I did zip all those nasty cables away. Now I am building a new rig using the HAF X and it is so much easier due to excellent cable management holes and such. This will be my best computer ever and I am kinda excited.

^Pecisely, your advantage is the transfer speed. SATA blows away USB 2 & 3

Thanks again for helping me understand the hows and whys behind the hotswap and other such things. I had no clue whatsoever why I would want to use a hotswap.

I am thinking about using the hotswap bay set up for back up. This will provide less wires and such on the outside of the case [external HHD power wires, usb cables, etc.].

Back
Top Bottom