How much power do i need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
After figuring out that my problems of games freezing during game play are due to not enough power from my psu. Here is a list or everything in my pc that is consuming power:

Everything in my sig
3 hard drive fans
2 front 80mm fans
1 slot fan
1 front fan bay controller
2 80mm led fan connected to the fan controller
1 sata controller (pci)

At first i disconnected my two non system hdd and my cdrw. I tried to play bf1942dc and just like before it froze during game play. I then next disconnected everything i listed above except the sata controller.

My main question is how much power do I need to support everything I have listed here? I plan to add two more 80mm led fans soon. Do I need 550w, 600w or more? I have used the power supply calculator listed below, it says I am fine with the psu I have not (400w antec) But obvisouly its not enough for everything.

Is there any other brand that is as good as quality as antec? And how much wattage do i need?

Thanks for the help.'

EDIT:

I forgot to add the link for the website that has the power calculator, its

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

and in my post below.

There is a great online utility where you can check this, I have no clue what the URL is but someone here gave it to me once.

..... does that computer come with ear plugs? I think you'r overloading that psu a bit. 400w is just a rating of its max power output, you should only be using 80-85% of the max power output or it begins to shorten life of the psu. What did it say your wattage was?

Using that site it says my power use is 382, with the following:

AMD Athlon XP Barton 3200 - 77w
ATI Radeon 9800 - 54w
Two sticks DDR SDRAM - 20w
Three HDD's - 75w
DVDROM - 25w
CDRW - 20w
SB Audigy front bay - 18w
SATA controller - 25w
aditional pci - 5w
3 usb devices - 15w
3 80mm system fans - 6w
2 80mm led fans - 6w
Other Hardware (motherboard, keyboard/mouse, floppy) - 25w

A lot of these seem low. I would have to believe that the 9800pro draws more than 54 watts. And dont SATA drives use more power than ide drives? I also believe that alot of these numbers are much lower than the actual wattages.

I still dont know how much I need, 550w, 600w, 650w, or more.

Any ideas?

no, thgat site is accurate, u dont need mroe than 500... look at my system, it runs on a 480 watt PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom