Laptop buying advice

julius106

Beta member
Hey guys

I'm in the market for a new laptop and I would really appreciate some advice on best configuration for my needs and budget.

Budget = low $1,000s

Needs = see below

Most of the time my laptop will plugged to my Full HD Bravia TV (KDL46HX850) so that I can browse the internet, access youtube music videos, play movies from Netflix (from the USA), play torrent videos etc I'll buy a wireless keyboard and mouse. My laptop will be used as an entertainment unit.

I could do all that with a good desktop but I really want a laptop because every now and then I need to travel with my computer.

I want to be able to watch Blurays as well so I'll need a Blu-ray drive on the laptop and a Full HD screen.

I don't really use my laptop for video editing but wouldn't mind being able to do so in the future.

That's it... I would really appreciate any recommendation you may have.

At this stage I'm thinking I need an Intel i7 Ivy Bridge processor with 4GB RAM. Not sure about hard drive – probably doesn't really matter as I will most likely need to have a separate hard drive to store all my movies, music etc. I guess I need the laptop to have the right connection ports so that I can have a fast secondary hard drive connected to it?

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom