Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - What 120mm fan do you recommend for an Antec H20 620 CPU Liquid Cooler?

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
soarwitheagles
Lookin' for higher ground

Default Re: What 120mm fan do you recommend for an Antec H20 620 CPU Liquid Cooler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikaricloud View Post
Well, I'm no expert on water cooling, but from what I understand it depends on the Fins Per Inch (FPI) of your rad. That Antec seems to have a pretty low FPI, so you can use lower RPM fans and still get good performance, allowing for a quieter setup. This is where I think the CM fans are your best bet, because they push a fair bit of air with minimal noise. The RPM/CFM combo would be okay with medium FPI rads as well, but if you had a high FPI (20+), you may have needed a higher pressure fan to make sure it cools properly.

General rule of thumb from what I can see is lower FPI, focus on decent CFM, higher FPi, go with high pressure fans (such as that Scythe).

EDIT: Actually, your FPI is probably at the higher end of a low figure, or lower end of a medium figure. Either way, the CM fans should be fine.
Ok, I just installed the CM Sickle Flow 120mm. What appealed to me the most was the low 20 dBa, the 70 CFM, and the 2.94 mmH2O.]. I sure hope it gets the job done. If not, I have several versions of the Scythe and Gentle Typhoons. I suppose I can swap them out if the performance is not that good. I really would like to have a somewhat quiet computer with good airflow.

I am seriously contemplating installing one more as the push fan. Presently, I only installed the pull fan.

Darn, I just realized there are no mounting holes for a bottom fan. I've installed a bottom fans on my last two personal computers CM Storm Sniper and CM HAF 932 and have always been very happy with the extra air flow. I thought about making a fan hole template and drilling some holes in the bottom of this HAF X

Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (63.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (80.0 KB, 2 views)
Seasonic SS660XP Platinum
Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB
CM HAF X Blue
Antec H20 620
Intel 180GB SATA III 520
WD Black Caviar 2 TB
Seagate Green 3 TB
Gentle Typhoons [3]
Scythe Fan Controller w/Temps
soarwitheagles is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.