Senior Project Need your ideas!

I had an idea, the web surfing speed for the device is slow when its straight out of the box. But there are ways to modify it to make it faster, and actually really nice. What if i did modify it, and then did my thing on how this 35$ device can do anything a families home computer can do? Also, im pretty sure it only uses a fraction of the power that normal computers use. So i could go on about the energy saving and money saving qualities. Also, it could make a great home entertainment device with its 1080p HD video it can watch movies in better detail than alot of TVs.
To be perfectly honest, it's quite slow when running a GUI. Browsing the web isn't very fun. However, you can really show off the power by compiling Quake III Arena for it. I got ~30 fps with details set somewhere in the middle with the CPU OC'd to 900Mhz.

Plus is there a way i could compare the energy usage of the raspberry pi to my MSI GT683 laptop? maybe in a way that the average person could see the significant differance. And then maybe do some math and tell them how much they could save in a year.
Sure, just hook up two of these, one to each:
Newegg.com - P3 Kill A Watt Electricity Load Meter and Monitor

That is a really good idea, but still the major problem is i cant just buy something off the internet and showcase it as my own. I have to do something worthy with it. I have to modify it or something in this case. I suppose if no one has any ideas, i do have like 4-5 months to come up with one.

EDIT: wow is that newegg item the only way? 22$ x2 just to show off something for less than 5 seconds :l

Last edited:
So i tried posting something with a link in it, quite a few hours ago and im not sure why its not up. Does someone have to approve it like other forums?

Back
Top Bottom