Monitors

A 15" for 30? Yeah, it would be worth it.

As for cords it would depend on your laptop output(s) and the monitor's input(s).

Dell E153FP 15 LCD Monitor - Black | eBay
This is for the 15 inch, I dont know what outputs it has because I don't know what it means.
Newegg.com - Asus VE228H 21.5" Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor w/Speakers ASCR 10,000,000:1
This is the monitor I really want to get. Don't know how many outputs it has eith
er.

Now, I am not sure about anything with monitors, and I want to know if I can hook up my Xbox with it, and then switch back to my computer easily with a click of a button or something. If i need to buy something external to do that post it below. Also, I want to have a double monitor setup, and I am going to buy an old 15 inch monitor. My question is if I am able to have this monitor running, while playing xbox on my good monitor, and then when I switch it back I will be able to use the monitors as a dual screen setup. Hopefully that helps and if i need to explain anything, just post and ask me. I have an ASUS G55, specs are GTX 660m and an i7, dunno if you need to know that. Also, this isnt a big deal but would I be able to have my laptop screen running, and have a 3 screen setup? That isnt a big deal to me because I wont need and, and I will use an external keyboard.

xbox, pc - yes
click of button switch - yes
next part is confusing, but from what I understand the answer is - yes
3 screen setup - no idea, refer to your asus g55 user manual.

What button would I have to press? Could the xbox be running at the same time the 15 inch monitor does? Is the monitor compatible with the ASUS monitor?

Last edited:
On my outputs of my computer, I have a Mini Display Port/Thunderbolt Port an HDMI port, Display (monitor) output, and a LAN port

if you look at the pictures for the Asus monitor on newegg.com link you provided. there is an input source selection button right next to the power button. press that and you can switch between the laptop and xbox.

why wouldn't the xbox be able to run at the same time as your 15 inch monitor?
you can have your xbox, car, tv, gps system, smart phone, hvac, water heater and stove running at the same time.

which monitor? what do you mean compatible WITH the asus monitor?
most monitors don't connect to each other, they connect to the computer. separately.

So from what it seems like, I can buy the 15 inch and the 21.5 inch, have it working as a dual screen, and then with just a click of a button I am on the xbox. Looks like I will be spending 170 bucks soon.

FYI
you probably will need an active mini displayport to dvi adapter if you intend to run 3 screen setup.

if not, you're all set.
connect xbox to asus ve228h via hdmi*
connect asus g55 to asus ve228h via vga

*i am assuming your xbox have hdmi connection. you will also need a hdmi cable, the monitor does not come with one.

Back
Top Bottom