Troubleshooting BSD; PSU? or BIOS? or...

unplugged video card, replugged everything back in, works fine...

conclusion thus far, needs more power. going to purchase PSU during lunch

IF anyone is still following, I have the following email excerpt from dealing with ASROCK

$B75M$ Cant get CPU fan to work with video card (Canada)‏
4 messages
|
0 unread
|
Hide all

11:57 AM
Reply â–¼
Alex xxxxx
To asrock_tsd@asrock.com.tw
Hello?
Are you guys going to provide assistance? This is clearly an issue with the motherboard.

13/09/2012
Reply â–¼
Alexxxxxxx
BIOS was succesfully updated... with issues but I resolved them, computer now wont recognize the video card at all, it is running video thru gnividia, i will check for PCI updates, i have one monitor plugged into intel and one into my geforce GT 640 to see whats what

13/09/2012
Reply â–¼
Alex xxxx
having difficulty installing it, using a flash drive atm, going to do a 1 hour restore, will update.

13/09/2012
Reply â–¼
Asrock TSD Add to contacts
Toxxxxxxx@live.com
Dear Alex,
Thank you for contacting ASRock.

Please kindly flash BIOS to L1.40B in beta zone with onboard graphics for try:
ASRock > B75M
After BIOS flashing process complete, please install the VGA card for check.

Thanks for your e-mail.

Good Day,
ASRock TSD

寄件者: xxxxxxxxx@live.com [xxxxxx@live.com]
寄件日期: 2012年9月13日 上午 02:50
收件者: Asrock TSD
主旨: $B75M$ Cant get CPU fan to work with video card (Canada)

»Contact Information
Name: Alex E-Mail: xxxxalex@live.com
Language: English-Europe Country: Canada
Phone:
»Product Information
Product Type: Motherboard Problem Type: CPU
Model Name: B75M BIOS Version: 1.4
Purchase Date: 2012/08/14 Serial Number: 23M0XD13xxxx
»Configuration
CPU: i5 3450 Memory: 2x 8g DRAM
Video Card: Intel, HDD: Crucial 124gig ssd,IDE
CD-ROM: , OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Other Devices: I am trying to get my nividia gefore GT640 128bit installed
»Subject
Cant get CPU fan to work with video card
»Problem Description
When I have the new video card I just purchased in the computer PCI-e port, the CPU cooler fan does not work, when I take it out the CPU cooler fan works fine.... The chassis fan works fine when the video card is in and when it is out, the intel fan works fine when the video card is not in.... the video card fan works fine.... Issue is when the CPU cooler fan isn't working my CPU overheats and my computer crashs. I updated the video card, the motherboard, the processor, pretty much everything, I tried thru BIOS to get the fan to go on it will not... it simply stutters and stutters... but everything works fine without the video card installed... here is a link to my CPUID: CPU-Z Validator 3.1
and here is a link to a forum that I posted further information: http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/troubleshooting-bsd-psu-bios-260779/
I called intel, delt with 2 support reps at two seperate instances, they both asked me to contact you that it was not a fualt of the chip, so here i am.
User IP: 207.xxxxxxx
Time: 9/12/2012 2:50:14 PM
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.89 Safari/537.1

Back
Top Bottom