bios question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazzer55

Baseband Member
hi folks!
just bought a second-user board; gigabyte ga-8itx; intel 850 rdram. problem is the bios allows only floppy/ide boot options. no cdrom boot option. there are many things on the bios that i don't pretend to understand, but, is there anything obvious that i have missed in the configuration that has caused this phenomemon? or is the bios corrupt maybe? results so far:
boots ok from floppy
cloned hard drive (ghost) did not boot. cloned from scsi to ide. previously used for scsi/scsi and ide/ide copies...ok
sees secondary master/slave....dvdrom/cdr
sees all drives from 98se floppy boot disk
known good h/drive, dvdrom, cdr.
memory; 2x256 /2x64 samsung/nec p800/45..all ok
any pointers/ideas very welcome
thanx
bazzer
ps. any info i have missed...please ask!

Most bios have an boot order where you can change which devices boot in which order. This should be some where in your bios, try too look around and see if you can find anything with what device boots first.

you can try updating the bios, had a board a long time ago that didn't have the boot from cd option untill I flashed the bios

hi guys, thanx for your input. firstly, the boot config in the bios does not offer the option of booting from cd; only floppy/ide.
also, this is a relatively new board and should have a cd boot option by default. it looks as if the board will have to go back!!!!

check if there is above the option of the 1st booting device an option 4 other boot devices ...some manifaturers has this option in their motherboards 4 USB or SCSI boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom