Hook laptop to TV with HDMI (broken screen?)

calday10

Beta member
Hi,

I recently spilt a glass of wine on a pretty much new HP g6 *quitely rages*

The laptop immediately switched off and after taking it apart to clean up the spill it now powers up, the fan works and the keyboard lights up.

My problem is the screen is still blank when powered on and the computer beeps twice every 3 seconds. The caps lock button on the keyboard also flashes the same.

I am trying to hook it u to my tv using a hdmi to hdmi cable and when i power up the laptop the tv stays blank is there anything I should be doing to get it to show on the tv? Or does anyone know what the warnings mean on start up?

Cheers

3 beeps looks like it's a RAM issue. Try popping out all the sticks and see what happens, it should do something if it works. If that goes then pop out different RAM modules and see if it boots, you may have fried a stick.

It may not display anything because there simply isn't anything to display. Just for kicks make sure that you have the TV on the right HDMI, and there should be a function button on the laptop that allows you to switch to projector mode or use an external screen as the default viewing screen.

Hope something works out for you!!! I've been there, spilling an entire nalgene bottle of grape juice on my macbook :(

3 beeps looks like it's a RAM issue. Try popping out all the sticks and see what happens, it should do something if it works. If that goes then pop out different RAM modules and see if it boots, you may have fried a stick.

It may not display anything because there simply isn't anything to display. Just for kicks make sure that you have the TV on the right HDMI, and there should be a function button on the laptop that allows you to switch to projector mode or use an external screen as the default viewing screen.

Hope something works out for you!!! I've been there, spilling an entire nalgene bottle of grape juice on my macbook :(

Ahhh thank you!!

I'm sure you have just saved me at least £300.. I reinstalled the RAM and no beeps and boots fine. I'm made up

Thanks once again :)

Back
Top Bottom