Sata Slot problem?

jesse22

Beta member
Recently I have just built a new computer, specs are

gtx560ti
8gb 1333mhz ram
ocz agility 4 ssd 128gb
p8z77-v lx

I done it a little messy so I thought while I had some spare time, I would clean it up a little

I opened up my case, I had a few tangled cords in the back of my case so I decided to clean this up.

I unplugged and untangled the cords, and put everything back together neatly.

First of all I had been running my ssd drive off the sata3g slot, I had tried running it off the 6gb slot when I first built my pc, but I was getting an error (0xc000000e) I then unplugged it and replugged into the sata3g, Computer has been running fine since. I didn't think much of it.

(During the day, I was told that I should be able to run it off the sata6g slot, and I should check out the error and do some research)

I turned my pc on after cleaning up the cables, but I got an error, 0xc000000f

I was puzzled, I googled it from another computer, and majority of people were saying its a problem with usb devices, or just a boot problem (files missing or something) I read to try boot off the windows7 cd and do a repair.

I then tried to run the repair, it was not successful, but then I noticed it only said the file was 99mb (The size of the system reserved file, which for some reason is on my other harddrive) I reset my computer, went into bios, the computer was not picking up my ssd drive, (from here i thought possibly my ssd had died, or the slot was broken) I then switched my ssd drive with my cd drive to see what would happen, I had a windows 7 disk in at the time and when I reset my pc I noticed it didnt ask me to boot from cd, I reset again and went into bios, computer wasn't picking up Cd drive.

I then plugged cd drive into another sata slot, computer booted fine, everything was reading.

Basically my question is, .. does it sound like I just have a busted sata slot on my mb? (the mb is 3 days old, if thats the case I except it to be fixed/replaced) Or could this be caused by something else?

Also, should my ssd drive be able to run from the sata6g slot? and if it is, why cant it?

Last edited:
I think ive figured out the problem, both right hand slots are broken, i cant load anything from either

Test* My posts arent going through so before i type a wall of text i wanna make sure its working :D

Back
Top Bottom