Damn...

Matt77

Daemon Poster
I was looking through my garage box-o-parts today, and I came upon a processor. It says INTEL XEON X5690. I'm familiar with Xeons, as they are server processors, but WTH is this thing? And what can I do with it? It doesnt fit in a regular socket :eek:

You had that thing just laying around? Dear lord. It's a 6 core beast from yesterday. It is made for the socket 1366 server boards or eVGA's monster SR-2 board (requires 2). Lol just buy a board for that CPU and you'll be set.

But WHAT would I do with it? Seems like it would be too expensive to build a rig out of it. If I cant build something with it, I'll raffle it away to one of you guys :p

I dont want a damn server though >:eek:

And it turns out it belonged to my dad's friend's company, and he gave it to my dad after they closed down.

I dont want a damn server though >:eek:

And it turns out it belonged to my dad's friend's company, and he gave it to my dad after they closed down.

You don't have to run a server. You can run Windows 7 on it just fine.

Last edited:
My dad didnt know what it was, so he threw it in box. Since I'm building a PC, my dad told me we have an old parts box in the garage. So I go and look in it, and I see this box thingy that said Xeon on it. My dad says he thought it was an old PC processor, so he didnt think 2x about it.

Back
Top Bottom