Lenovo 3000 N200 automatic restart issue

JackCPickup

Solid State Member
Hey guys, new to these forums so hoping for some good responses.

I've had a laptop brought to me today that continuously reboots. It is a Lenovo 3000 N200 (0769) laptop with Windows XP (assuming SP3, can't verify).

The problem I'm having is that the blue screen flashes for a split second and then reboots, usually this wouldn't be a problem because I would disable automatic restart on system failure, but Lenovo doesn't provide this option. The laptop has a "Lenovo Care" button on the keyboard that you need to spam-hit instead of the usual key, and in BIOS there is no option to disable the automatic restart.

Booting into any of the Safe Modes doesn't work either and neither does restoring to last know good configuration, the blue screen still flashes and then reboots.

Anybody had a similar problem? Or maybe has experience with Lenovo products.

Jack Pickup

automatic restart is set in Windows, not BIOS. Isn't there an option for that when you press F8/F9 to go into the list for safe mode? Should be on the bottom of list. Can't remember.

Do you have the XP install CD? I would do a repair install. It only touches system files, not your personal data.

Hey, thanks for the swift response.

The option isn't available. Boot options available are Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt and Load Last Known Good Configuration.

Also, I have no XP disc available and the CD drive isn't even recognised as a bootable device in BIOS.

Would it be possible to download Windows XP repair to a USB device to boot from?

Kind Regards
Jack Pickup

Back
Top Bottom