Video Card Trouble

I was going to try the clearing the cmos as a last ditch effort. I don't have any other RAM on hand to try, but I'll ask the computer store it's currently at if they did.

Just sounds like one of those fluke things. I have it happen to me constantly and I just start trying radical things and something usually always works.

Different RAM has been tried, although I haven't tried clearing the cmos. I bought a new card already though and I have it up and running.

Had a heck of a time with the new card though. The guy at the computer store said he had used the exact card in it and had it working so I bought it and it didn't work. I unplugged a few things (front USB and LEDs and a fan) and it started working. Then stopped again. I figured out that if I screwed the video card in place it wouldn't work, but if I left the screw out it would. I'm thinking the mobo's pci-e slot is just picky. The old card still doesn't work no matter how I seat it though.

New problem has arisen with the network. I'm posing a new thread about that. This PC has been a nightmare for me.

Maybe, it's odd that multiple cards were tried and they all worked. The hic-up I had leads me to believe the same thing though. Hopefully it lasts a while longer.

Believe it or not I had the exact same problem with my old DFI LP nF3 Ultra. It would take any AGP card besides my 7800GS then about 6 months later while it was sitting in my server just up and quit.

Back
Top Bottom