Was thinking of upgrading my computer...

Hmm really? Are there any charts to actually see that? Just wondering because as with almost any nvidia graphics card, it's more expensive.

Well for the OC part, it's just i've never played with voltages, always thought it was something better to not touch but i guess i can read that guide and see after.

Hmm really? Are there any charts to actually see that? Just wondering because as with almost any nvidia graphics card, it's more expensive.

Well for the OC part, it's just i've never played with voltages, always thought it was something better to not touch but i guess i can read that guide and see after.
Raising voltages are only meant for stability in OC. You can OC on stock voltages, but you wont get very far before you see instability.

As for pricing, yea AMD lowered their prices because the 600 series is stepping all over them. The 660ti, 670, and 680 all run the same chip. The others are just cut down versions of the 680.

Hmm i see, well i guess 660Ti would be the top choice then.

Also, will a SSD drive make a difference in gaming?

Only in load times for a very specific few games that have a lot to load such as BF3 and Skyrim. An SSD does make a huge difference in general computing though.

Interesting indeed, i do know one of my friend bought a SSD recently and told me it makes a very noticeable difference for general use.

It does. You have no idea really how slow a HDD is until you ditch one for an SSD. I have been using an SSD nonstop for the past 4 years now and will never go back to have a HDD for a boot drive.

Hmm well i must say that 120gb SSD is tempting me even more now! Only 70$ too, pretty cheap for an SSD.

Well honestly, what i am thinking right now is to get the 120gb SSD and the Gigabyte 670 GTX OC 2gb.

Gigabyte GeForce 670 GTX: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC 980MHZ 2GB 6.0GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card - Gigabyte - GV-N670OC-2GD

120gb SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 2.5IN SATA3 6Gbps SandForce SF-2281 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD - OCZ Technology - VTX3-25SAT3-120G

My only concerns, except the price of course, are that will it fit in my computer and will i have enough wattage with my power supply for the card and the SSD? (and if i overclock too)

Just a remainder to be on the safe side :)
My case is: Antec 900 (Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W (Newegg.com - Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-620 620W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply)
Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p (GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.0))
Current GPU: Radeon HD 6850 1gb (Sapphire Technology Web Site)

Back
Top Bottom