Can't surf internet with laptop

the ethernet connection shown in there is probably just a leftover lease from when you had it connected. write down that username on the left and now we'll have to hunt down the password for that.

so click advanced setup at the top and look around for the pppoe username and password, if you can find it post some pics here and I'll try to help.

wow that screen looks wildly diff than what I expected, I was looking at the commercial ver. of that device I guess. Anyway, ignore the above. you see the username and password that you scribbled out? write down that info.

Well that's my User ID and my IP address I crossed off. To get into the admin of my network, that was different ID and password.

But anyway..........

I understand, but it's the password for the userid shown in the pic that we need, the ip listed underneath it is useless. we need the password.

once you have the id and password written down we can reset the router. BUT DON'T do it yet because your not going to be able to get online until you re-enter that info where it needs to go.

the ethernet connection shown in there is probably just a leftover lease from when you had it connected. write down that username on the left and now we'll have to hunt down the password for that.

so click advanced setup at the top and look around for the pppoe username and password, if you can find it post some pics here and I'll try to help.

Yes in advanced setting it says PPP username. It has my User ID and the password is XXXXXXXXX out. I don't even know what the password is but I guess its already input. ?

Actually I might know the password......its 10 digits, I might know what it is.

We are having a confusing conversation because I keep editing my posts... I was chastised before for adding 2 replies in a row.

Like I said above, I have the ID but I'm not sure what the password is. It's X'd out. I MIGHT know it, but I"m not sure if I'm right.

ok, then answer me this, does the userid appear to be an email address?

No the User ID is an ID that I selected. It's not an email address.

The password won't show. I've been searching other menus to try to find the password. Can't find it.

I don't know.....I might know it but........

Back
Top Bottom