Laptop keeps freezing up

razzle51

Solid State Member
I have a HP laptop windows 7 , IE DSL

and it keeps freezing up ... for only secs at a time . but does get aggravating after a while ... I have run scans but dont know what to do . anybody please

HP model? What are you doing at the time of freeze? This happen randomly or just when you game, perhaps? Did this happen recently, after you installed something?

What are your temperatures? Get and use HWMonitor, post a screenshot.
If you open task manager, is there a program that uses a large amount of CPU or RAM?
You might want to run malwarebytes, too. (the free version)

I did run malware and nothing . it just happens radomly . what do oyu mean my tempuratures .... I check out task manager

in task mananger what do you consider a large amout of cpu and Ram .. there are alot of programs in there

Get HWMonitor, and you will know what I mean. The temperatures of your CPU and GPU (if applicable)

In the tesk manager, in the processes tab, there is a CPU percentage of how much it uses as well as how much ram it uses. Which one is taking up a large amount?

Please answer all my questions, and i can better help you.

@super: I don't think his HDD is bad. There are several other factors, as I asked.

Last edited:
@super: I don't think his HDD is bad. There are several other factors, as I asked.
I completely agree with you, there are other factors that he should run tests for, but the HDD is one of the possible factors that has not yet been considered and should definitely be worth checking.

It is a factor, yes, but not the most important one. Heat and high CPU/RAM usage is 9/10 more likely the culprit.

Back
Top Bottom