I have a pretty cruddy GFX card. Could anyone reccomend one in my price range?

tescoman1

Solid State Member
I have just got a brand new PC, MOST of the hardware specs are respectable. But one thing seriously brings it down. The graphics card (Radeon X1300/X1550 Series)

Here are the specs.

Processor:

3.10 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2400
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded

RAM:

8152 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

PSU:

150 watt (I think)

Any other specs you need just ask I'll be happy to tell :)

My price range is about £100-£200 ($160-$320) Do you guys know any good gfx cards I can get? (If I need to upgrade the PSU aswell that's fine, just make sure everything added up is in the price range) :p

Price range doesn't give us many good options, even though I do think it would be above 150w PSU. CAn you give us the model of the computer you bought?

There are 3 different models and there are no side by side pics showing the differences. I am just going by what their site says.

According to their site unless you put that card in yourself you should be running the IGP HD 4000. The 7750 would be a huge improvement over it. Thing is, your PSU probably wont provide enough power.

There are 3 different models and there are no side by side pics showing the differences. I am just going by what their site says.

According to their site unless you put that card in yourself you should be running the IGP HD 4000. The 7750 would be a huge improvement over it. Thing is, your PSU probably wont provide enough power.

Actually, it has on board graphics before. I put the gfx card in. I could always buy a 400watt PSU:p

You could, but I don't know what kind of case it is, so therefor I couldn't help in you finding a decent PSU for it.

I can only find out it's not the ultra small. I think it may be just the small. Any reccomendations for a PSU?

Back
Top Bottom