Help connecting laptop to tv

Nope tv is hdmi enabled and i played with the screen refresh rate.

On the bright side I tried connecting the tv to the laptop with a vga plus audio cable and it worked beautifully!!! However the vga port on my laptop doesnt have a place for the screws to screw in on the vga cable and the vga cable wont remain in place. :(

So since the vga connection worked shouldnt I be able to get the hdmi connection to work?

Weird idea, but could it be that the HDMI is turned off? Either by BIOS or Windows?

If any of your friends have a HDMI monitor, I would try connecting it. Just to verify.

Unfortunately mine is the only computer that has an hdmi port. How would I check? Go into Bios at startup?

Wouldn't it be enabled since the laptop recognizes the tv when the two are connected through an hdmi cable?

Yes it is set to duplicate. I also tried extend. Both settings work when the tv and laptop are connected with the vga cord but not with hdmi cord

Last edited by a moderator:
No. It was sad to see how they just plugged in the cable and the screen appeared on the tv. I'm not sure if I have an Intel GFX, i think i have Intel HD or Intel 3000.

Back
Top Bottom