Help connecting laptop to tv

rgh001

Solid State Member
Trying to connect my laptop to plasma tv with hdmi to hdmi cord. Computer detects the presence of the tv however the tv displays no video input signal whilst on the correct hdmi input. I plugged in both cords before turning on tv and laptop.

I have a Dell N5110 laptop and a Dell 42 inch lcd tv.

If i can't get it to work I was thinking of purchasing a Netgear Push2 intel wireless router but I hear that has lag issues. Any thoughts of that working?

Try checking the resolution of the external (TV) display on your laptop, set it to something lower and see if it helps. Sometimes the TV is not compatible with a higher resolution and it does not show.

Tried setting the resolution much lower but still to no avail. Tv still displays no video input signal

Both a few and the lowest :) im using intel. I was chatting with dell earlier and they verified that the intel video (not sure exactly what it is) video display was up to date and then they remotely uninstalled and then reinstalled it twice but that didnt work

Well none of the other tvs or computers have hdmi ports so no. However i did return the cord to the store and purchased a two pack of hdmi to hdmi cords and neither of those solved the problem

Nope. I'll look into that. I think it has something to do with the tv because the computer recognizes the tv when the hdmi cable is connected. I only made sure that the tv was on the right hdmi input. Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate them

Back
Top Bottom