Can't surf internet with laptop

bagelred

In Runtime
Turned on laptop and won't connect to the internet. It says I'm connected. It says I have Internet access. But when I open the browser (Firefox, Chrome and IE), get just white screen and keeps spinning and spinning.

So I took a separate Wireless USB adapter and plugged it in. That works. I'm connected with that right now.

A wired connection also works on laptop.

Tried system restore to earlier time. Didn't work. Restarted router. Didn't work.

Any ideas? Thanks for help.

FYI, I'm on an Emachines D528-2496 laptop, Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Intel Celeron 915, 2 GB Mem

Thanks in advance.

Your first sentence, it won't connect to the internet, how? Through built in wireless?

So a wireless adapter and wired works?

I'd say your internal wireless card is going bad. I had this happen on several laptops myself. I just repaired it by putting a new one in.

I'd just personally use wired or the wireless adapter, unless you know how to open it up.

Your first sentence, it won't connect to the internet, how? Through built in wireless?

So a wireless adapter and wired works?

I'd say your internal wireless card is going bad. I had this happen on several laptops myself. I just repaired it by putting a new one in.

I'd just personally use wired or the wireless adapter, unless you know how to open it up.

Yes, won't connect through the built in wireless. Has been working fine up until today.

Any way to test it? See if broken or not?

You can try a ping to any website you want, see if you get anything. Is it listed in network devices and/or device manager?

I've had bad cards not connect at all, somewhat connect, as in it loses a connection after a few minutes.

You can try a ping to any website you want, see if you get anything. Is it listed in network devices and/or device manager?

I've had bad cards not connect at all, somewhat connect, as in it loses a connection after a few minutes.

351y53a.png

That's what I have listed. Is one of those my TP-Link USB Wireless?

Back
Top Bottom