Pre-Built Gaming PC for Humbled Brit

Hi Philip,

I'd be interested to see what your final desicion on this rig was? I am currently looking to purchase a new gaming PC myself at roughly around the same price-range (no more than £900). If you have bought the new PC would you be able to post up the full specs you chose? I've been looking at a few builds you've been researching over the last few posts.

Cheers.

Hello Myles,

I've finally made my decision (with many thanks to patonb for his extensive research and opinions.) I'm looking at purchasing:

- Case: Antec 300 Three Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case
- Power Supply: OCZ ZS 650w PSU
- CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40GHz @ 4.40GHz Ivybridge CPU
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
- Cooler: Prolimatech Megahalem CPU Cooler
- RAM: Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: 500GB HDD
- Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 7950 3072mb GDDR5
- Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
- Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA Drive
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OEM

All for £856.58. Whilst patonb gave his support to the 660TI, the options of overclocking and the potential longevity of the HD 7950 seemed good enough for me (I could be making a small mistake but I'll accept those consequences!) When weighing up the pros and cons of going pre-built, for the small additional price (I chalked up a rough estimate of the amount it would cost to build it myself) and the extra perks from the support of the staff on the site, I think I'm happy with my choice. They are doing a week-long deal only, but the Titan 8700i may go down in price again at a later date. If you need any extra help feel free to message me, but for now I'm going to wait in anticipation for my new rig to arrive. Thanks all!

You will not make a mistake going with either.

I'm actually surprised the 7950 is more pricey.

You also can't really call this a pre-built, its more a pre configured.

Enjoy the system, its a solid build.

Back
Top Bottom