"Thanks" mod

I'm down for it, don't mind losing what I already have. Also it may help if used correctly.

eg. If person A opened a thread with a problem and received like a dozen posts, and person B answered, got thanked from the OP and may be other people who had the similar prob, the solution would stand out instead of people scanning through various posts or in case they missed it.

Just a heads up to everyone, the Thanks Mod is installed. So if you look at each post, you will see there is now the button there to use.

24x2grc.jpg

Now to inform everyone up front, you will get a PM for each "Thanks" you get. If you do not wish to receive this PM notification, there is a setting in the UserCP under Edit Options.

eupima.jpg

Uncheck the box and you will not be notified.

It seems that the Thanks system they used is tied in directly to the Reputation system we currently have. If you look at your UserCP you will see that you got Rep as well for that post. That is how you know what post you got thanked for. I can ask Janet if there is anyway to show thanks in the topic as well.

That is what I thought as well. But since I am not the one installing the Mods nor am I the one that has controlled over how they operate, I can and very well could be wrong, as clearly I am. I am just an Admin on the site. I am not the owner nor the person responsible for the backend anymore like I used to be.

So it looks like what I thought would happen, didnt. Yes it happens, I am wrong from time to time.

The Thanks mod still needs some tweaking so please be patient. You can see the comments in your profile and have control over messaging options as well. The "points" associated with rep will be a thing of the past.

Back
Top Bottom